Director of Channel Partnerships
Posted: August 22, 2022
MYS is currently seeking candidates for our Director of Channel Partnerships (DCP) national role. This individual should possess strong project management skills, attention to detail, outstanding oral, written and communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The DCP will work closely with the sales team to uncover opportunities, develop territory sales strategies, and act as an advisor to partner teams throughout the sales process.
The DCP will act as the primary point of contact for the MYS outside sales team in the United States and potentially other regions of the world as we grow internationally. The responsibility of the DCP will be to grow revenue through channel partnerships. These partners include other vendors and companies that currently serve the trade show market. The DCP will co-facilitate meetings, conduct quarterly business reviews, and plan for and coordinate key client events.
- Identify, recruit and on-board new channel partners.
- Manage sales activities with partners to generate revenue.
- Coordinate with partners to create and execute business plans to meet sales goals.
- Analyze market trends and accordingly develop sales plans to increase brand awareness.
- Evaluate sales performance for partners and recommend improvements.
- Educate partners about product portfolio and complimentary services offered.
- Address partner related issues, sales conflicts, and pricing issues in a timely manner.
- Manage sales pipeline, forecast monthly sales, and identify new business opportunities.
- Develop positive working relationship with partners to build business.
- Stay current with latest developments in marketplace and competitor activities.
- Communicate up-to-date information about new products and enhancements to partners.
- Work with partners to develop sale proposals, quotations, and pricings.
- Deliver customer presentations and attend sales meetings and partner conferences.
- Assist in partner marketing activities such as tradeshows, campaigns, and other promotional activities.
- Assist with business development activities by connecting the appropriate MYS Sales Representatives to conduct product demonstrations.
- Collaborate with partner marketing teams to propose ideas for MYS to connect with their clients, including customization of MYS marketing materials and distribution of relevant thought-leadership to key stakeholders.
- Identify and articulate brand differentiators to create partner-specific marketing materials.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-10+ years' experience in Technology Sales with an emphasis on significant business development and client relationship experience
- Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, trust, and confidence with partner teams
- Team player
- Demonstrated success performing in a large matrixed organization
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite – strong Teams, PowerPoint and Excel skills critical
- Experience working in a CRM platform
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to act autonomously, self-starter
- Quick learner with high energy and creative problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, ability to adapt to changing environment
- Ability to travel to key events (estimated 25% travel)
- MYS is located in the heart of Newtown Ohio, which is a little-known gem — right across the street from a beautiful park with miles of walking and biking trails, and just around the corner from a craft brewery, sand volleyball and kayaking on the little Miami.
- We encourage work-life balance and value a self-starter and do not micro-manage.
- The most important quality we look for in employees is work ethic. If we hire smart people that work hard other qualifications can be trained. As a result, you will be working in an environment with dedicated people who are good at what they do.
- We don't take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but there's always laughter in the hallways and a celebration on the calendar.
- We aren't widely known on career sites because we have fantastic retention. We foster an environment where people hang on to their jobs because they love them. In addition to young talent, currently employed at Cincinnati HQ are more than three-dozen employees who have 20+ years on staff. This is a place you can build a career.
We invite you to be a part of company that is always innovating while enjoying:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance Offerings
- Paid Time Off
- Sustainable work-life balance
- Friendly and casual work environment
- Job type: Full Time
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Industry: Event & Conference Management Software
- Experience Level: Entry-Mid Level
- Company Size: 50-200 employees
- Role: Director of Channel Partnerships
- Company Type: Private