Learning & Development Specialist
Posted: August 10, 2022
The Learning & Development Specialist will directly support our business development and client retention goals through client education and product promotion.
This individual will be responsible for developing materials and communications to help clients learn how to fully leverage the MYS platform for their event management needs. They will produce a variety of product educational materials, including documents, webinars, videos, and copy for the support section of the online platform. This role will be part of our Customer Success team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Client Engagement Strategy: Define and execute client engagement plan that focuses on helping MYS users be successful and informed about product capabilities. Generate creative ways to keep clients engaged with MYS and to obtain feedback on the support section of the platform.
- Product Education Materials: Develop videos, documents, and tutorials for clients to learn how to use the MYS platform on demand. Create scripts and illustrations to increase communication and training effectiveness.
- Interdepartmental Liaison: Coordinate with internal departments to ensure ongoing knowledge sharing. Co-lead product training for internal customer success team.
- Reporting: Build and maintain quarterly reports of client behaviors on support section of platform. Provide accurate metrics along with actionable insights.
Experience & Skills
The candidate should have 3+ years of L&D experience and be well-versed in creating videos, scripts, instructional documents, and managing learning management systems.
- Bachelor's degree in education, marketing, or communications
- Experience in video creation (screen recordings, voiceovers, and editing footage)
- Comfortable with creating content for and hosting webinars
- Understanding of project management fundamentals
- Experience supporting content development
- Exposure to learning management systems (i.e., WalkMe). Key skills include organizing and categorizing education materials, strategic placement within software, keyword search management, monitoring stats, and creating a user-friendly experience
- Composure, professionalism, strong judgment in decision making, intellectual curiosity, and collaborative nature
- Copywriting, proofreading, and grammatical skills
- Working knowledge of:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e., InDesign, Premiere, Photoshop) and other graphic design platforms
- MS Office, including MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- MYS is located in the heart of Newtown Ohio, which is a little-known gem — right across the street from a beautiful park with miles of walking and biking trails, and just around the corner from a craft brewery, sand volleyball and kayaking on the little Miami.
- We encourage work-life balance and value a self-starter and do not micro-manage.
- The most important quality we look for in employees is work ethic. If we hire smart people that work hard other qualifications can be trained. As a result, you will be working in an environment with dedicated people who are good at what they do.
- We don't take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but there's always laughter in the hallways and a celebration on the calendar.
- We aren't widely known on career sites because we have fantastic retention. We foster an environment where people hang on to their jobs because they love them. In addition to young talent, currently employed at Cincinnati HQ are more than three-dozen employees who have 20+ years on staff. This is a place you can build a career.
We invite you to be a part of company that is always innovating while enjoying:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance Offerings
- Paid Time Off
- Sustainable work-life balance
- Friendly and casual work environment
- Job type: Full Time
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Industry: Event & Conference Management Software
- Experience Level: Entry-Mid Level
- Company Size: 50-200 employees
- Role: Learning & Development Specialist
- Company Type: Private