Posted: May 26, 2021
About This Role:
MYS is in search of an ambitious individual to fill an entry-level Business Development and Sales Associate position. This team member will train alongside senior level salespeople to learn the MYS products and processes. Following the initial training period, this role will shift to business development and this person will be expected to thoroughly understand the software platform and will be able to clearly articulate solutions to prospects and customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge. Compensation for this role is a blend of salary and commission. This is a full-time position. MYS is headquartered in Newtown, OH, however will consider remote candidates.
Traits for Success:
- Team player with a passion to contribute
- Self-starter, results-driven,
- Strong work ethic, optimist
- Outgoing and charismatic
- Ability to pivot quickly, organized
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through
- Mastery in relationship building
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ability to thrive in a competitive environment alongside other Sales Associates
- Researching and identifying prospects using sales engagement platforms and LinkedIn
- Finding creative ways to engage with prospects, often leveraging social media
- Willingness to compose personalized emails and make phone calls to prospects and schedule meetings
- Following up on inquiries made via the MYS website and qualifying leads
- Analyze opportunities and establish competitive advantages in order improve on existing campaigns
- Build relationships with prospective clients
- Maintain consistent engagement with existing clients
- Sales position may require a small amount of regional and overnight travel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience
- Relevant work or internship experience in business development, sales or account management is preferred
- 0-2+ years successful track record in sales and/or account management (technology, software, B2B or similar industries preferred)
- CRM experience is preferred. We currently utilize Hubspot
- Knowledge and/or experience in the trade show industry is a plus
A team member of Map Your Show (MYS) is dedicated to supporting the development of innovative, groundbreaking software used by some of the largest trade shows and conferences in the event industry. MYS equips show managers and event planners with the tools they need to ensure their event is a success.
- MYS is located in the heart of Newtown Ohio, which is a little-known gem-- right across the street from a beautiful park with miles of walking and biking trails, and just around the corner from a craft brewery, sand volleyball and kayaking on the little Miami.
- We are family-friendly and have progressive management that values self-driven work and dedication over micro-managing.
- The most important quality we look for in employees is intelligence. If we hire good, smart people, other qualifications can be trained. As a result, you will be working in an environment with smart people who are good at what they do and want to be both taught and learned from. It's both an inspiration and a positive challenge.
- We don't take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but there's always laughter in the hallways and a celebration on the calendar.
- We aren't widely known on career sites because we have fantastic retention. We foster an environment where people hang on to their jobs because they love them. In addition to young talent, currently employed at Cincinnati HQ are more than three-dozen employees who have 20+ years on staff. This is a place you can build a career.
We invite you to be a part of company that is always innovating while enjoying:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance Offerings
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term Disability
- Sustainable work-life balance
- Friendly and casual work environment
- Job type: Full Time
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Industry: Event & Conference Management Software
- Experience Level: Entry-Mid Level
- Company Size: 50-200 employees
- Role: Sales Associate
- Company Type: Private