Posted: February 8, 2017
Your privacy is important to us. Here we describe how we collect, use, and handle your information when you use our mobile software and services (“Services”).
What & Why
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve and protect our Services:
- Account. We collect, and associate with your account, information like your name, email address, phone number, title, company, etc. Some of our services let you access your accounts and your information with other service providers.
- Services. When you use our Services, we store, process and transmit your data and files (including stuff like your appointments, notes, and photos) and information related to them (for example location tags in photos). This will make it easy for you to access your data and files outside of our mobile app, like on the event directory website.
- Usage. We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services. We also collect information on how you are interacting with our Services. This helps us understand what features are important to you and to debug errors when they occur.
We may share information as discussed below.
- Exhibitors. General usage statistics are made available to the show exhibitors. These are in the form of aggregated metrics so they can understand how visible they are in our application. For example, we will tell an exhibitor how many views they had within our app. You can also optionally provide exhibitors your contact information as a form of lead generation.
- Show Management. We are official mobile app vendors for the event you are attending. All of the data that we collect can be accessed by the event organizers and managers to help them provide the best experience possible for their attendees.
- Law & Order. We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Map Your Show or our users; or (d) protect Map Your Show’s property rights.
- Security. We have a team dedicated to keeping your information secure and testing for vulnerabilities. We also continue to work on features to keep your information safe.
- Retention. We'll retain information you store on our Services for as long as we need to do so to provide you the Services.
Around the world. To provide you with the Services, we may store, process and transmit information in the United States and locations around the world — including locations outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.